School of Media Student Placements – Basic Requirements
In order to be considered a School of Media Student Placements position you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be currently enrolled on a course within the Birmingham City University School of Media
- Must be willing to commit for the duration of the Placement concerned
- Must be willing to complete all training, paperwork, and other administrative requirements
In addition Students must also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Work well within a team environment
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with a range of computer applications such as MS Word and Excel
- Have excellent skills in one or more of the following Media disciplines: Music Industries; PR; Photography; Television; Radio; Online; Events
In order to be considered for a placement you must complete a Interests, Skills and Career Goals form. If you meet the Qualification criteria, and are successful at a 2nd interview stage (if required), you will be invited to work on the placement.
If you are not successful in your application you will be provided with feedback and reasons as to why you were not chosen. If you are unsuccessful in an application you should not be discouraged from applying for future placements. It may well be the case that a particular skill set was over-subscribed for a particular Placement, or else not required.
What Happens Next
Applicants will be notified via email of their acceptance onto the placement they have applied for. BCU will then facilitate introductions with the Placement Organisation and will manage the process of Induction, Training and Assignment of Duties.